Import a List of Users
Sfax Administrators can import a .CSV file containing user data to quickly populate the users for a given account. This process has two steps:
- Preparing the CSV file.
- Importing that file into Sfax.
Preparing the CSV file
The first thing you'll need is your list.
Follow these steps to prepare your CSV file:
- Open a blank MSExcel spreadsheet.
- Enter the following column names in the first row of your spreadsheet and populate them as described below:
- Save your file as a Comma Delimited (*.CSV) file.
NOTE: Your file should look something like this.
Import Your User List into Sfax
To Import your list of users:
- Log into Sfax at https://app.sfaxme.com.
- Click the Settings icon under the Sfax header.
- Click Manage Users.
- Select the Import button.
The Import Users dialog opens.
- Click Browse to select your CSV file.
- Indicate if the first row is a header row. This box should be checked if you set up your file as described above.
- Choose whether you want to activate these users now (Send Activation Email) or at another time (Activate Later).
- Click Next to run the import, or Cancel to back out of this action.
After the Import
Once the list is imported, you will see the users in the Settings > Manage Users tab. Assign numbers, update user settings, and enable email notifications for each user as needed.
Two common problems encountered in this process are:
|Getting an error message that the import failed, and that the file attempted had more rows and data then you know it actually had.|| Be sure that you saved your file as a .CSV file. Importing an actual Excel file (.xslx) will result in this error.
| Getting an error message that the import failed with the correct number of rows in the file.
|| Be sure that the fax numbers you are using in the file belong to the account accepting the import and that the numbers are properly formatted.